Hi all, we have a short notice but great opportunity for our Californian followers: an invitation to participate to the next Influencer Series. A high profile evening that will be focused on “Unearthing Software & Service Winners in IoT”. These series are high end networking events, capped at 60 leaders chosen by a hosting committee, and hosted at a VC fund office. The event will be the night of Tuesday, September 13 (specific location will be disclosed if an invite is extended) in Menlo Park from 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM.
Because these invites are invite-only and capped, a screening committee needs to approve your invitation.
To request an invitation, please fill this form out here:
We will follow up with a formal invitation once you are approved.
The Influencer Series are gatherings of 60 influential, good energy entrepreneurs, executives, academics and advisors for an evening of stimulating conversation.
The theme for the evening is on “Unearthing Software & Service Winners in IoT”. Broadly, this encompasses looking at the non-hardware side of IoT: that is, which software and service ventures will win in the emerging IoT ecosystem, and how will those unfold.
The intent is for you to have fun, high impact, “dinner table” conversations with people you don’t know but should. The evening is comprised of cocktails, food bites, and a series of small, 20 person roundtable discussions created by your peers.
Confirmed Roundtable Leaders
* Michael Dolbec, Managing Director, Venture Capital and Corporate Business Development, GE Digital
* David Friedman, CEO, Ayla Networks
* Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist, Greenwave Systems
* Shireen Santosham, Sr. Policy Advisor, Chief Innovation Officer, Office of Mayor Sam Liccardo, City of San Jose
* Niall Murphy, Founder & CEO, EVRYTHNG
* Amit Chaturvedy, Head, IoT Acquisitions & Venture Investments, Cisco Systems
* Mike Kaul, Vice President, Head of IoT Software Solutions, Ericsson
* David Mount, Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
* Dan O’Neill, CEO, Nightingale Analytics
* Seth Page, EVP Corporate & Business Development, DataRPM
* Aymerik Renard, Director, SanDisk Ventures
* Adam Sah, CTO, Byte Foods
* Matthew Stein, CEO & Co-Founder, Multitude
* Nate Williams, CRO & Head of Business, August Home, Inc.
The event is made possible through the sponsorship of Ernst & Young, GrowthPoint Technology Partners, Nokia Growth Partners and Perkins Coie.
You can see a sample of the attendees of our past events below. Everyone invited has been nominated by a member of the Host Committee of the event or a member of the Leadership Team of the Influencer Series.
These evenings are a lot of fun because of the caliber of attendee that comes and everyone’s willingness to play. If you cannot attend but would like us to keep you in mind for future events, please let us know by clicking here.
Past Attendees for the Series Include:
Sam Altman, President, Y Combinator
Amr Awadallah, Co-Founder, CTO, Cloudera
Adam Cheyer, Co-Founder, Viv Labs, Siri
Kevin Chou, CEO & Co-Founder, Kabam
Kris Gale, Co-founder Clover Health
Logan Green, Co-Founder & CEO, Lyft
Steve Jurvetson, Managing Director, DFJ
David Kelley, Founder, IDEO
JT Kostman, Chief Data Oficer, Time, Inc.
Jeff Lawson, CEO, Twilio
Alfred Lin, General Partner, Sequoia Capital
Joe Lonsdale, Co-founder, Palantir
Marissa Mayer, President & CEO, Yahoo!
Jim McKelvey, Co-founder, Square
Rob Mee, CEO Pivotal Labs,
Rich Miner, General Partner, GV, Android
Andrew Ng, Baidu, Founder Coursera
Jeffrey Pfeffer, Professor, Graduate School of Business, Stanford University
Scott Phoenix, Co-founder Vicarious
Matthew Prince, CEO, Cloudflare
Eric Ries, Author, The Lean Startup
Sam Shank, CEO & Co-Founder, HotelTonight
Bob Sutton, Professor, Stanford University; Co-Author of “Scaling Up Excellence”
Max Ventilla, Founder & CEO, Alt School, Aardvark
Maynard Webb, Founder, Everwise, former CEO Liveops, COO, eBay